Smarthome quality slipping?

Posted on
Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:18 pm
DPattee offline

(No subject)

The support guy called me back, but I was in a meeting and he was going home before I would get out. I'm going to call back tomorrow and try to get it taken care of. I'll post whatever the resolution is.

I've got a number of switchlincs deployed around the house, already replaced a couple, but haven't kept track of which one came from which batch/replacement batch, so I'm not sure if these 3 are going to be the last of the originals to break, or if some of my replacements are old enough that they still have the defect and I'm going to get surprised at some point.

Posted on
Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:48 pm
nsosnicki offline

(No subject)

After having to replace many devices, one thing I've learned is to keep a spreadsheet with the device address, firmware, date ordered, date put in service, and order number. I now do this as soon as it comes in the door, even if its not being used yet (the other thing I've leaned is to keep one spare each KPL, switchlinc, and lamplinc handy).

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:04 am
sgljungholm offline

Beware

Their billing is way screwed up too.

I placed an order for a customer and they discounted the item on the bill to make up for some other order I sent back. The end result? I billed the customer way too little for the gear as the invoice they sent me was wrong. I am still waiting for another refund that is taking months.